Past Life Regression
Past life regression is typically undertaken either in pursuit of a spiritual experience or in a psychotherapeutic setting. In ancient Indian literature, the Upanishads mention past-life regression, but the Yoga Sutras of Patañjali discuss the concept in greater detail. Written during the 2nd century BC, the Hindu scholar Patañjali discussed the idea of the soul becoming burdened with an accumulation of impressions as part of the karma from previous lives.
Maharishi Patañjali called the process of past-life regression prati-prasav (literally "reverse birthing"), and saw it as addressing current problems through memories of past lives. Some types of yoga continue to use prati-prasav as a practice.
Past Life Regression is valuable and the only source for clearing/healing traumatic experiences in prior lifetimes, which otherwise holds us back from full actualisation in this life, and/or is causing distress. Additional benefits are activating creativity or a valuable talent that was actively expressed before but has remained latent or unrecognised in this life.
Benefits of Past Life Regression include the following:
1) Healing overt acts (the past-life self as the perpetrator rather than the victim).
2) Contacting creativity
3) Understand the causes of irrational fears and be able to release them
4) Experiencing a happy and successful lifetime brings a sense of peace and encourages to work through temporary difficult times
5) Accessing the guidance from your higher self
6) Healing and clearing of Trauma
7) Understanding relationships and repeated behavioral patterns
8) Helps you understand who you are and what is the purpose of your life
9) Getting rid of curses and vows taken in another lifetime
10) Helps you to restructure understanding of our current life in the light of experiences from previous lives
11) Helps to understand that death is not a threat and you would not be separated from loved ones forever but merely travel to another place
12) Helps you in the cases of addictions like Smoking, Alcoholism Strengthens the clarity of the spiritual nature of our existence Rewriting past-life contracts