Yellow Aventurine is a type of Quartz, which is in turn a Silicate mineral. Silicate minerals form the largest family of minerals, including more than 25% of all known minerals and 40% of all common minerals. In addition to being a major part of the Earth’s crust, Silicate minerals have also been found on the moon and in meteorites. Silicates are minerals which contain the elements Silicon (a light gray shiny metal) and Oxygen (a colorless gas). Together, these two elements form a tetrahedron – a shape similar to a pyramid – with a Silicon atom in the center and Oxygen atoms at each of the four corners. These tetrahedra connect with other chemical structures, in six different ways, to form various minerals and rocks. There are six main groups of Silicate minerals, and these main groups are further subdivided into secondary subdivisions, such as Quartz and Feldspar. Quartz is a large mineral family in its own right, and has two main subdivisions, macrocrystalline (crystals that are large enough to be seen by the naked eye, for example, Amethyst) and microcrystalline (crystals so small they can only be seen through a microscope, for example, Agate). Aventurine is one of these macrocrystalline Quartzes. It is most commonly green, but may also be blue, pink, red, white, or yellow.
Uses of Yellow Aventurine
- It is great for opening and balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Those who are oversensitive or indecisive, issues relating to an unbalanced Sacral Chakra, can also benefit from Yellow Aventurine's reassuring and balancing energies
- The helpful energies of Yellow Aventurine can aid those who have problems with power and control.
- Working with Yellow Aventurine can help focus intentions for manifesting a sense of ease in being yourself.
- The golden light of Yellow Aventurine fills one with compassion and understanding, alleviating grief and centering the emotions
- Use Aventurine to reduce/absorb/protect against electromagnetic
- and environmental pollution.
- Yellow Aventurine can assist in removing toxins and enhancing the flow of energy through the body.
- Yellow Aventurine balances the Yin-Yang energies, eases anxiety and expands the flow of creativity.
- Physically, Yellow Aventurine can be used as an anti-inflammatory, as well as easing migraine headaches, allergies and sinus issues.
- Vastu wise, it works wonders with SSE zone , specially when it is cut or small.